This is my beginning post: updated frequently with information about my recent and upcoming work. Check back frequently to stay up to date with my training and teaching schedule!
Are you a new reader? Scroll down to read my thoughts as a sex educator.
Are you a returning reader? Stay here for a second to find out what I’ve been up to lately and what I’m doing soon! Maybe you’ll be able to join me!
My book, Breaking the Hush Factor: Ten rules for talking with teenagers about sex, has hit shelves across the country! You can find out more about it at www.BreakingtheHushFactor.com. As a little teaser, here’s everything that’s in the book in one beautiful graphic:
This spring and summer,
- I have begun working as the Sexuality Education and Training Specialist with the Center for Sex Education
- I am continuing work on editing the new upcoming edition of Streetwise to Sex-wise,
- I am continuing to work on co-authoring a new lesson and activity manual on teaching about sexual orientation, Orientation: Teaching about identity, attraction, and behavior,
- I am continuing to write my next book, Grown Up Real, about sex and sexuality for older teen girls, which will be published by Magination Press (an arm of the American Psychological Association) in 2017,
- I am working on a curriculum in collaboration with the team at Seventeen Days
In the coming months, I will be presenting at:
- HavenCon, a gaming convention with an LGBTQIA focus. Social Justice Comedian Sam Killerman and I will be performing our show S.E.X. , April 22-24
- A training on unhealthy relationships hosted by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, April
- The annual conference of Sexual Health Initiatives for Teens (SHIFT) North Carolina as keynote, May 11-13
More details and dates are coming soon! Check back for updates!