I’m delighted to announce that this Sunday at 7pm CST I will be a guest at Kink on Tap – “the smartest sexuality netcast for the kinkily inclined!” A longer description of the netcast, from Kink on Tap’s website, is:
Tired of the pulp eroticization of sexuality? Annoyed by the self-aggrandizement of sex bloggers? Want a more thoughtful, heartier, smarter approach to sexuality, society, culture, feminism, and queer activism? These are the droids you’re looking for.
Kink on Tap is co-hosted by Emma and Maymay. This week their guests will be myself and Solidad DeCosta. We will be talking about a delightful range of material (all of which can be seen on Kink on Tap’s delicious page), but I’ll give you the topics that I know we’re already talking about here:
- Why do women leave science and engineering? This is a recent article from Forbes.com, and I’m particularly looking forward to the conversation. Much of my graduate work was with the Biomedical Engineering department at the University of Texas, and I did quite a bit of reading on the gender gap in the field. I was also in graduate school when Lawrence Summers, at the time president of Harvard University, made his rather infamous statement about women inherently having lower abilities in engineering than men. It’s been a while since I’ve had a conversation on these topics, so I’m looking forward to it!
- State department eases passport restrictions for transgender Americans. This is a great step forward! Two thumbs up!
- Hot new Brazilian dance craze called Surra de Bunda! I just can’t give justice to this in words. You’re just going to have to watch it. NSFW. Most certainly NSFW!
So. I’ve watched that video a few times over, and I’m still not quite sure what I’m going to say about it tomorrow evening!
Is there anything else you’d particularly like to hear my opinion on, along with Emma, Maymay, and Solidad? Leave it in the comments here or go add it to Kink on Tap’s delicious page if you’re on delicious. And I hope you’re able to tune in on Sunday!
Nice Dance!! Any chance of getting that taught in my high school dance class??
Jack, it seems highly unlikely. And I’ve got to say, the tailbone is a hard-ass-bone. Having your face slammed into it? Probably not a pleasant experience.
it’s so wierd, too, how that guy on the floor seems completely disconnected from the pleasure that the dance is supposed to embody! browsing other videos, it helped me to know that the words “surra de bunda” means “ass licking.” (karen, what does NSFW mean?)
Ruth – NSFW means “Not Safe For Work” And I completely agree about how odd it is that the guy seems so utterly disconnected!!
Your right…its more fun to look at, than participate.
Thanks so much for appearing on Kink On Tap episode 45! I thought you were extremely generous, and well-spoken. It was a pleasure having you on the show and I sincerely hope you come back sometime. 🙂
I’m bummed we didn’t end up actually talking about the funny dance on the show, but there was just so much other great stuff to talk about. And we ran long anyway! 😀
For those who are particularly interested, however, you can read more about the “Surra de Bunda” dance in the Kink On Tap brief we wrote about it. In particular, you’ll be interested to know that the song is actually a story of a stripper who feels angry at a client, and decides to exact a not-so-subtle revenge by slapping her ass into his face during a performance. The gender politics of that one are certainly…rich.
As a Brazilian who does not leave in Brazil anymore I can say that the following:
1. If one say 2 guys were doing that, the reaction
would be way different, the thing is nobody is confirming is a Guy and a Girl.
2. Why that people say the guy or one of the guys is disconnected… any other action would be classified as perverted…. reality is the other way around, but that is taboo.
3. Surra de bunda = Hurt with a but? really ? this is so stupid, and vulgar.. where is the romance? where is the fun game? why are we even watching this? Who is the toy, material, product, in this case? the “girl” or the guy or other guy?
Comments are closed.